CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

If someone else has posted this already, forgive me, but I just thought it was funny.

ESPN has an article talking about how before Cam Newton left Florida, he was going to be expelled for Academic Cheating. Apparently, he stole someone's research paper and put his name on it without the other person's knowledge. Then, when he got caught, he bought a paper online.

Newton, a Heisman Trophy front-runner, is said to have been caught cheating three times, including putting his name on someone else's paper without that student's knowledge.

According to FoxSports.com, Newton again violated the university's honor code by putting his name on another student's paper and turning it in. Newton was caught after the instructor asked the real author of the paper why he had not turned in his work.

Newton turned in a second paper to the instructor, but that paper was later found to have been purchased off the Internet, according to FoxSports.com. He was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida's Student Conduct Committee during the spring semester of 2009, but instead transferred to Blinn College.

So, he "bought" a stolen laptop, threw it out a window when the cops came to ask him questions. Somehow got out of trouble just because he completed a program for 1st time offenders. Now, we find out he cheats in school multiple times and was going to be expelled...........Yet, this is what Gene Chizik has to say about him:

"Let me tell you something. This is a great kid," Auburn head coach Gene Chizik said after Saturday's victory. "I can speak intelligently on that one. This is a great kid. And you can go back and you can talk to elementary coaches, high school, this is a great kid and he's been a great kid at Auburn University every day he's been around me, this staff and his teammates. I don't know what's out there and I don't know what hits you're talking about, but I can assure you this: this is a phenomenal young man. Make no mistake about that."

Here is the link to the article if you're interested:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783051"]Report: Auburn QB Cam Newton was caught cheating at Florida - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5783496@@AMEPARAM@@5783496[/ame]

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783051"]Report: Auburn QB Cam Newton was caught cheating at Florida - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5783496@@AMEPARAM@@5783496[/ame]

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

key word "kid", kids do stupid things sometimes. maybe he isn't that guy anymore. but then again, maybe he is, who knows. All i know is that Auburn wouldn't be undefeated without him, and they may be in 4th or 5th in the SEC west without him.

3. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Well, I tell you what..............when I was his age, if I had stolen a laptop and cheated in college 3 times, I sure as hell wouldn't have people swooning over me, calling me a "great" kid, etc.

Its amazing how much is glossed over, or even totally ignored when these "kids" are good at sports. I mean, the fact that he CHEATED 3 TIMES at Florida and was going to be expelled, which is the ACTUAL reason he went to a JUCO didn't even come out until all this started with the possible money changing hands. Thats sad.

4. LSUgris-gris

LSUgris-gris Founding Member

I find it suspicious that there is a sudden flurry of anti-Cam Newton articles. I appears to me that someone/thing/school is trying to block him from getting the Heisman. Of course, I think Alabama is the root of all evil so I naturally suspect them. They hate all things Auburn.

1 person likes this.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Very true. Very. You probably wouldn't have even had the opportunity to finish college. But this guy is getting a free ride and training for a multi-million dollar first-year out of college. Life is fair.

6. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Lets see, who hates that other school in Alabama and has a history of stirring the pot when it suits their cause? Think the new controlling party in the house, their mascot is the same.
    Although they may be late to the party due to the lowest piece of chit in all of college football over at UF. He is probably, by default doing their dirty work for them.
    I don't know whats funnier, the haters hating on him and all this stuff coming out on him (IMO where there is this much smoke their is almost always some sort of fire) or the blind love of him from Auburn fans that keep saying he is a fine young man, and his great smile, etc. Now we know for sure he bought known stolen goods and tried to hide the evidence from the police. (before you defend him ask yourself when is the last time you saw someone throw something out of a car window (I know it was a dorm window) on cops and said..."oh yeah, he's just a kid and is really innocent". And now he cheated in a college classroom.
    I have made many mistakes myself in life. However, I was never up for the Heisman. It may be just smoke, but it will deter some voters from voting for him for the Heisman, sad if innocent, but he does have to take some responsibility for his actions that brought this up. Funny, if Auburn was 6-4 no one would care.
    (re-post from the newton thread in college sports I just posted there)

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Couldn't have happened to a bigger prick. I played against this kid's high school team (Westlake) in baseball and football and they were the cockiest bastards I'd ever seen.

Bunch of rich kids from the South Metro area, and they're all spoiled and entitled. They send 5-6 kids to D1 schools every year but they hardly ever pan out. Wouldn't surprise me if every allegation is true.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah, I also don't buy the "he was a young kid who made mistakes".

The mistakes were egregious and were frequent. Who knows what is going on at Auburn that is being covered up for this kid?

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

See, that's just it. He still is very much a "young kid". So it's naive to think that these are merely youthful indiscretions that were a part of someone he used to be.

There sure is a hell of a lot of smoke around this dude.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Chizik: "This is a great kid. We're 8-0 and ranked #2 in the BCS. And you can go back and you can talk to elementary coaches, high school,...We'd probably be 4-4 or worse without him. He's been a great kid at Auburn University; especially in the LSU game. I don't know what's out there and I don't know what hits you're talking about, but I can assure you this: this is a phenomenal young man. I'd be on the hotseat without him. Make no mistake about that."

1 person likes this.