Cajun Pete's Boudin

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUfan71, May 13, 2008.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

http://boudinlink.com/CajunPetes/Cajun_Petes.html

I went today and had 2 links, very good. I commented about it in another thread (below). The owner, Daymon Coppock, is an old friend I haven't seen in a while. Looks like he's doin it right, go give em a try. Boudinlink.com gives them an A+ (Jerry Lee gets an A-).

2 people like this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That smoked pork looked pretty damn snackin.

If I die trying I will be at the Boudin Cook off in October in Lafayette. Perhaps test the A list from the site and report back in!

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Hell, that pot of cracklin looked like a heart attack I would welcome!

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

people in oklahoma dont even know what boudin is. the few that do (for the most part) dont even think it sounds good.

i live in a culinary wasteland.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

It has become my experience that even some people in Louisiana don’t know what Boudin is based on the crap they are trying to pimp.

Going to the site provided by 71, go to the map of France and witness the difference of French Boudin (PUKE) and the real deal and behold the beauty. Jerked a tear from my eye! That is a killer site BTW, they really do have a dependable ranking system as they are not merely catering to their own taste, so I think.

6. TheDude

I feel your pain Okie. Even though there are plenty of river rats in Houston, I don't even dream of andouille or boudin being made properly here. I had a wine maker dinner last night at a really good restaurant(talented chef) and he offered up some fried "boudin balls" as an app. After swallowing(followed by a good bit of wine), I smiled politely and said that was great(it was awful), and refused any more.

Home in another week...:sob:

1 person likes this.
  7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

They have both at the Market Street in Lubbock, even the wrapping looks disappointing.

8. TheDude

Thanks dude, but that is a considerable distance for me. Maybe if I lived in Dallas. Looks like I will continue to grab it on trips back home unless someone knows of a decent butcher in Houston? Place is too big for me too randomly scour for sausage.:)

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yep, i never make a driving trip without an extra cooler to bring things back!!

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Actually I was trying to say the stuff in the stores here is not worth buying. It is too generic to be good.

1 person likes this.