Bush is making a huge mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by J_Oats, Mar 13, 2003.

1. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

duh duh dun. I know it is sacraligeous to say that on this obviously ultra-conservative board, but it's the truth.

I also want to say that I am not a democrat, but I'm not a republican either. people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, Alan Colmes and Martin Sheen seem very stupid to me, how can someone possibly agree with everything one party does??

But the war seems like a very bad idea to me.

Sadam has just sat there and done nothing for 12 years, I cannot buy the fact that he is a threat to the world now, what exactly has changed?

While I don't belive that the inspectors are all that great, I do think that they can at least prevent Iraq from starting any new weapons programs, and prevent him from developing and transporting existing weapons programs. I believe that they can contain him at the very least.

If Sadam has C & B weapons, he hasn't used them in 12 years, but I think attacking him would be just the thing to trigger their use. He knows he will not live much longer, what does he have to lose? I cannot stomach the fact that if we attack him, it could cause the deaths of thousands of US, British, and Australian soldiers, and Iraqi and Kuwaiti civilians.

Most experts seem to feel that once war starts, more terrorist attacks are going to happen.

The unbelievable amount of anti-us feelings, no matter what you feel about these people, are going to hurt us in the long run. More terrorists are being created every day because of Bush's aggression, and it is never good to have nearly everyone else in the world hate you.

Why go to war when Iraq can be contained, and war could lead to the deaths of thousands of troops and civilians, more terrorist attacks, and more terroists being created out of this burgening anti-us feeling throughout the world.

I don't hate Bush, but I think he's making a huge mistake.

Also, I support the troops 100%, I respect and appreciate what they do, and I thank them.

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

You must have the 2 biggest Left-wing mouth pieces of the board, Biggles and JD on ig

Yes, rather than debate our resident Rush runs away....

Perhaps he is French....

Nice post JOats....

Welcome to the land of non-sheep.....

3. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

The only mistake President Bush is making is waiting. Our troops are ready to get this thing over with. Hell, the iraqis(sp?) are already surrendering. Hey where were you liberals when Clinton decided to take action against Kosovo. Us conservatives were surely not protesting. If we don't fight this war over there its going to be fought HERE! GET SOME BACKBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

<b>So it's America's fault that radical Islam hates us? What should we do? Cower in the corner and hope they don't attack us anymore? Terrorists are being created everyday because Islam is stuck in the middle ages. Islam which won't accept democracy or capitalism thus keeping the middle east in a poverty stricken time-warp is to blame. Millions of young Arabs and Muslims are brainwashed that the reasons their lives are so miserable is the West. The reason America is the most powerful nation on earth and has a such a high standard of living is because of our form of government. Instead of emulating it and bringing themselves up they'd rather destroy us and bring us down to their level.</b>

I don't agree with you "right-necks" much :eek:). But this time you hit the nail on the head.

5. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Perhaps you memory is dulled...

I believe the high priest of the right-necks Rush said, "I can still support the American troops in Bosnia but not the President."
    Of course the conservative mantra today is support the President or you're a traitor...

A little bit of hypocrisy...?

10,000s of people were being killed in Bosnia. Our Alllies were with us in Bosnia. Please tell me you can see the difference.

<b>So it's America's fault that radical Islam hates us? What should we do? Cower in the corner and hope they don't attack us anymore? Terrorists are being created everyday because Islam is stuck in the middle ages. Islam which won't accept democracy or capitalism thus keeping the middle east in a poverty stricken time-warp is to blame. Millions of young Arabs and Muslims are brainwashed that the reasons their lives are so miserable is the West. The reason America is the most powerful nation on earth and has a such a high standard of living is because of our form of government. Instead of emulating it and bringing themselves up they'd rather destroy

I support W's efforts in Afganistan and attacking and capturing Bin Ladin's ilk. But Iraq has little to do with 9/11. If he had put as much emphasis on capturing the real terrorists as he has on Iraq, the issue would be solved.
    Our relationship with the Islamic nations can only get worse through this petty war.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I disagree. There are as many liberal posters here as conservative.

Unfortunately neither side actually listens to the other's points. Each side wants to classify every other member as extreme right-wing or extreme left-wing.

I am an independent who makes his decisions based on each individual issue. I don't follow either party's line blindly. My opinions are considered to be more conservative than liberal, so to people this makes me a sheep, a Limbaugh Desciple, a hipocrite, a war-monger, or whatever. Guess what? I am none of these things. This board is beginning to tire me.

7. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Does that include ignored liberals..?

;p

8. Ellis Hugh

Re: Does that include ignored liberals..?

???? I don't ignore, delete, or ban ANYONE.

Not even Tom!;)

9. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

I didn't mean you...*

nm

10. Ellis Hugh

No prob!