Blue Raiders...great

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by glenlivet12, Nov 6, 2001.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

tuneup game for that tough finishing stretch you guys have coming up. The West should be interesting now, especially if Ole Miss drops one more game - maybe the Egg Bowl? Auburn and Arkansas are both such inconsistent teams, you guys could either have really tough games against them or cakewalks. What's the consensus here?

2. G. C. TIGER

G. C. TIGER Freshman

SEC West

We need to win out, which I think we can and we need to root for Georgia this week against Auburn. Ole Miss will probably lose another. Maybe State will wake up for the Egg Bowl.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I haven't heard it mentioned much, but is anyone a little nervous about Auburn losing to Georgia and Alabama? If we win out, it may end up with us tied with Ole Miss but Auburn having four SEC losses. This is probably over-analyzing things a bit, but I hate watching the Iron Bowl to determine our fate. It never ends up right. It's geaux Auburn one year with the Tide winning and Roll Tide next with the War Eagles winning.

4. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

If Auburn loses to Georgia then it doesn't matter who wins the Iron bowl, as long as we win out.

Now Ole Miss must lose two out of their last three SEC games, because they beat us head to head.

So GEAUX DAWGS and GEAUX STATE!!

If we are tied with Auburn and we beat them then we go to Atlanta. If we are tied with Ole Miss then they go to Atlanta. Now if Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss are tied with three losses each, I am not sure who goes, but I think us because we only have one SEC West lost. Could be wrong, let's just win out and worry about the rest later!!

5. NutsForLSU

NutsForLSU Freshman

Iron bowl does matter

Yes, it does. If Auburn loses to Georgia, and Ole Miss loses to Georgia, we will need Auburn to beat Alabama in addition to LSU winning out. An Auburn win over Bama would put them in a 3-way tie with us and Ole Miss, which would give us the title due to division record. An Auburn loss to Bama would give them 4 losses and knock them out of the tie, leaving us in a tie with Ole Miss, which would give Ole Miss the title due to their head to head win.

But all this is way premature and out of our control. We just need to win out and see where that takes us. We can root for Georgia, but let's just worry about LSU.

6. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Re: Iron bowl does matter

You are preaching the truth there NutsForLSU. Let's just worry about LSU, and hopefully the rest will take care of itself.

If things work out right, December 1st should be ROCKIN' in Death Valley!! :cool: