bench hookfin

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mjcllsu23, Jul 26, 2002.

1. mjcllsu23

mjcllsu23 Guest

can they please bench hookfin he is garbage every time i see him the recever ten yards in front of him or he's on tha ground i cant wait till he is gone

2. TigerSaint

TigerSaint Guest

What prompted that?

3. StLee

StLee Founding Member

I know Hookfin has been burned quite a bit but he is our most experienced CB and reports are that he has improved tremendously and performed well in spring practices. Hookfin has had a problem with biting on stutter steps and such, but I think he will overcome that and help our defensive backfield be one of the most improved in the nation.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

huh?

I remember several plays in which he broke up passes that otherwise might have gone for big yardage. He only had one INT last year, but broke up more passes than anyone on the team (statistically speaking). He forced the Travis Stephens fumble in the SECCG, and had 55 tackles on the year. Decent performance for his first year as full time starter, I think.

5. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Calling Hookfin "Garbage" is Crazy. Anyone who really knows football would realize that he has made improvement every year, and has developed into a decent cover guy.

He has never had a bad season. Every corner gets burned from time to time.

Much of the problem has been with the lack of pass rush LSU produced the past two seasons.

Just wait until this season. He will look like an All-American with the front four LSU will have on the field.

6. grote1947

grote1947 Guest

hookfin

unless you're out ther covering the receiver yourself don't complain. I've been ther. It isn't easy. And every year they change the rules just a little to favor the offense.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Hookfin

If you actually watched Hookfin play he plays the Quick out Very well he closes very well. Where Hookfin Gets beat is when he has to stay on a guy for a long time in the route or with a guy that just runs very well up the field. But, he would do that better if the DL would put pressure on the QB. Hookfin if you remember came out of Kentwood and was All State Saftey so he has been learning to play man on man since his freshman yr the yr he was a starter so somebody must think he does something very good out there because he has been out there since he got to BATON ROUGE.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF