Barbecue Shrimp

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Bengal B, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ingredients:

Headless shrimp still in shell (quantity depends on how many people to feed)
    Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
    Butter
    Honey
    Garlic

In a large skillet melt 2 sticks of butter on low heat. Add 4 cloves crushed garlic, 2 tablespoons honey and enough Heinz 57 to give it the color of the steak sauce. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes and then turn and cook for 2 more minutes.

Peel and eat

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

That sounds really good, but I find the best way to eat em is to go to Deanies in Metairie or Crazy Johnnies in fat city!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've never been to either one of those places. The BBQ shrimp at the Chimes are pretty good. They serve them over rice. I've never made BBQ oysters but the two places I've eaten them are great. Middendorfs has real good ones but they are a lot better at an Italian restaurant that I think is called Messina's in Kenner. If you are on I-10 East exit at Williams Blvd toward the airport and its about a block from the interstate on the right.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

BengalB, try that recipe and put it in a pan loosely covered with tin foil and cook it in your charcoal grill. It picks up a little smoke flavor that is great.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Some will argue Pascal's Manale in NO. I put them second.
    First place goes to Ruth's Chris (Any La location but BR) has the best BBQ Shrimp.