Bama visitors may be LSU bound

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by DJ, Jan 18, 2004.

1. DJ

DJ Founding Member

In addition to Herman Johnson, there are rumors that Tony Bell, the DB from Alabaster, AL and Patrick White, QB/ATH from Daphne, AL, also committed to the Tigers this weekend during their official visit.

For those concerned about the Jerald Watson commitment to Auburn, I think Bell was looking at Auburn and this would be a good trade for LSU.

I doubt that LSU is looking to play White at QB, but he reportedly has the speed and build to play DB. He had decent passing stats and very good running stats as a QB.

If the information I have heard is correct, congratulations to these young men for having the good sense to seize a great opportunity.

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Tony Bell would be a HUGE pickup, I really really hope its true.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Where did you here this? Message Board hearsay?

4. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Definitely hearsay, but from sources that have connections to inside information I do not have, and which have turned out to be reliable in the past.

I have characterized it as a rumor, but I would not be surprised to see it confirmed in the near future. Of course, sometimes out of state commitments have been kept quiet to avoid subjecting the recruits to the intense local pressure they may experience by choosing to go away from a school in their state.