Bama Sanctions - Bama fans getting jumpy

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DRC, May 28, 2009.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The delayed ruling in the Alabama text book scandal is causing some tight sphincters here in gump land. The COI was supposed to have handed down the punishment a couple weeks ago and there is speculation among some high placed gumpers that any delay is not good news.

They were originally not that concerned over the issue but the longer it goes on they are left hanging out to dry. Its funny watching them twist in the wind and speculate over the severity of the penalties.

I didnt originally believe much would happen with the football program because a lot of the abuse took place in other programs. However, they were in the repeat offender window in 2007 and that may have some bearing on the case.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: Bama fans getting jumpy

I heard an announcement will be made next week.

Any truth to the rumors that the NCAA requested a copy of their schedule of games on to be shown on TV the next few years?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

are you saying they could possibly make their games not be televised?

that would suck. well at least once a year it would suck. and im not talking about the tin foil bowl.

4. bhelmLSU

If they really asked for the schedule I assume so because what other reason is there to request it.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

They did but its part of the normal operating procedure during investigations. There is no way they are going to get a TV ban because it hurts their opponents just as much. I dont think there has been a TV ban for 20 years or so. Schollys and bowl bans are the best way to punish a program.

6. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

I'm assuming a post season ban would come along with that, or that their post season would be exempt from the TV ban. Next week will be interesting if true.

7. bhelmLSU

That sounds right.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so if some heavy sanctions are put down on the football program, how long before nick saban is gone?

9. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

As soon as Joe Pa retires :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I forgot to post this the other day but some office banter this morning reminded me.

A week or so ago there was scuttlebutt about Julio Jones and another player going on a paid for fishing trip with a booster. I meant to post about it but forgot. The emails going around this morning seem to indicate an Auburn supporter set the whole thing up. I am hearing they also signed a bunch of footballs and a suspension would have already been announced if it wasnt for the discovery of this possible set up.

Auburn fans are desperate and if its proven they setup Julio, who was a fool to take this trip regardless, it will make them look even worse.

These couple issues should make for an interesting week of observing the respective meltdowns. Pass the beer and popcorn please. :D