Bama "insider" claims Saban having Bama "locks", pretend interest in other schools..

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Bama "insider" claims Saban having Bama "locks", pretend to have interest in other schools to waste opposing teams' time recruiting them.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/recruiting/83604-heres-big-one-final-recruiting-update-class-09-a.html
    One, it would not surprise me at all. Saban is cut throat. Two, just gotta love Gumpy and his thought process. Most Gumpy recruits that look around after committing are just helping Saban and his evil plan. They don't have interest at all.

How would we feel about Miles doing this? Is it acceptable? Is all fair in Love, War and recruiting?

I must admit there is a part of me that thinks you have to play the game within rules but everything is fair game. Was it Bowden who used to say "we play within the echo of the whistle?" Something like that. If it doesn't break the rules, it's fair game?

Something about having a young recruit who you have just sold a bill of goods to his parents about all of the qualities you are going to instill in him....honesty, sportsmanship etc, then to send him out on these blatantly dishonest torpedo missions just doesn't sit right.

Whatcha think?

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Re: Bama "insider" claims Saban having Bama "locks", pretend interest in other school

To me it's on the conscience of the recruit. I couldn't mislead people like that myself, but everyone is different I guess. And I can't imagine this happens all that often. If a player is a lock more than likely it is widely known. And if a player is on the cuff I don't think coaches would take that chance.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Re: Bama "insider" claims Saban having Bama "locks", pretend interest in other school

I'll tell you what I think after NSD. That's when we know for sure if Randle, Kelly, Richardson, Sentimore, et. al. really are going to Alabama. I have a feeling they may be pretending to be interested in Bama; not the other way around!

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

true. i prefer stright up honesty, but if a coach wants to play games like that, i hope some day it bites him in the ass.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Seems dirty, wouldn't want Miles doing it. But I imagine many of these recruits we see that like to add drama to the process would enjoy this added deviousness. If true, hope Miles is equal to the task of handling it.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I think its typical delusion for gump message board geeks to believe drivel like this. They are giving each other internet reach arounds and high fives thinking they are pulling a fast one on other schools. I personally dont believe Saban does this. I think he would be hurting himself with most of these kids and I cant believe many, if any, would go along with such a charade. Just being asked to do so would probably stop them from playing for that kind of coach.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

People like TR and jj and others who are committed and keep visiting sort of bothers me.

If you are committed that should be the end. You take another visit then you are considered open and no scholarship is saved for you.

Way it should be but we all know if your a five star you can play games all you want and they will save one for you.

That is why i am in favor of a early signing period so the truly committed can get it over with.

Plus you dont have people like Kiffen pulling offers at the last second.

I seem to remember our coach honoring a commit that got hurt. Miles is all class.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think it's bullchit and wishful thinking for that bamafan. The last thing Saban wants any of his blue-chippers doing is exposing themselves to rival recruiters and walking around some lovely SEC campus. Especially a campus where they can see two of the last six crystal footballs. :grin:

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree fully. It's a bunch of made up BS. It ain't happening, and if it is, it ain't often, or he wouldn't get good recruits overall. Oh, wait, there recruiting season has kind of sucked compared to previous Saban years, so maybe there is some truth to this nonsense.:shock:

10. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

So I guess this means the QB from Mobile lied when he said Saban told him he couldn't visit Tennessee and if he did, he offer would be pulled.

:rofl: