Athlon ranks LSU #8

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JustinTI, May 19, 2004.

1. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

We should be #5 at worst. Also, they obviously didnt do much research because they have our schedule wrong.

Do the link

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

From the outside looking in, we lose our QB, best tandem of WR's in school history, half of our D-line (including the defensive MVP), and the QB of our secondary. While I think this year's team could be better, I definitely see how someone could rank us #8. With the brutal road schedule, it's certainly possible for us to finish out of the top 10.

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Dayum....that's something you don't see everyday: a dose of reality on a message board. :grin:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Preseason Rankings are someone silly if you are in the top 25. (Nothing personal here wesfau) but Auburn was the world beaters last year and looked what happened. Remember when LSU was preseason #3 and finished what was it 3-7 or something.

Fact is I sort of agree LSU DOES have a little question mark over its program. Sure we all believe that we will be very good this year. WHich LSU will be but until the QB and WR's get answered JV can only do so much. So anything in the Top 10 for me is great, more so since Pre-Season rankings in college football are about as accurate as a blind man in a skeet shooting contest.

5. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

No offense taken. Preseason rankings mean squat. I learned that the hard way. It hurt. :bncry:

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

What's wrong with the schedule?

I'll start keeping up with the Athlon rankings when they decide who wins the National Championhip. As of today, all schools (inlcuding USC) want to win the BCS ... nothing else matters!

7. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

last year's athlon preseason ranking? 18th !! ENOUGH SAID!!!

8. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

They changed it. It used to say Houston instead of Arky State

9. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

Here are the teams likely to be ranked ahead of us:

Oklahoma, USC, UGA, Texas, Miami, West Virginia?, and Michigan.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I love it, that's about where I was hoping we would be ranked, not too high so that the players would be over confident. Somewhere between 6 and 10 would suit me fine. I also think they look at the possibility that we could lose 2 games on the road and that would be about where a 2 loss team would be at the end of the regular season.