Any question this defensive coaching staff is horrible and needs to be replaced?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Any question this defensive coaching staff is horrible and needs to be replaced?

This defense is loaded with athletes and is being wasted by a defense coaching farce. These guys are not ready for this level.

Miles needs to fire or demote these guys or things are going to get really ugly in Baton Rouge.

This team's defensive performance this year has been an abomination. :angryfire

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I don't think Miles will fire them. He's too nice and is a pretty loyal guy, and if he's not careful, it could be his demise.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Sounds like the AU board talking about CTT and his BBQ gang of O coaches.

4. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Coaches are people and people make mistakes. That's what this co-defensive coordinators crap is, a mistake.

It's how you deal with them. We saw with Dinardo what loyalty to someone who wasn't getting the job done does.

5. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Well, I am a LSU fan but to give up that many points in both of our big games is kinda embarassing.... actually, very embarassing... what a pooor defense.... what a poor team - I mean all things considered - we were suppose to be pretty good... NOT SO.... If we only lose two games (I gotta be kidding -right) to give up that many points is badd.... I know the offense gave up 17 points but so what ... we win & lose as a team... I will be here pulling for them next week but with a lot less energy...

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Frankly...most of the defense just looks PLAIN CONFUSED...most of the time.

I find myself thinking.

Okay...GREAT we got a touchdown. Oh, but they are getting the ball back...THAT means a touchdown for them.

I'm a Les Miles fan...but he dual co-ordinators have got to go. PLEASE!

52 points:redface:

7. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

As I said on another string, this defense couldn't play pass protection against a 5th grader with his pants down. There is no defense, with the exception of an occasional flash of brilliance.

8. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

Don't forget about the piss poor tackling, and BS no calls that went against LSU. All the blame can not be on the coaches with this one.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Is it poor coaching? Poor exection by the players? A combination of both?

It seems like the secondary is constantly out of position, and we're not getting many turnovers this year so far.

The question now is can the problems be fixed? How?

:geauxtige

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

A lot of us got cocky, thinking that the momentum from the second half of last week would spill over into this game... but last week was South Carolina. BIG difference. No one is scared of us. We are just a mediocre (at best) SEC team this year.