American Chopper

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Feb 3, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you know, the orange county chopper show (in new york not cali) on discovery..

rememeber vinny and cody and how both are missing? well if you didnt know, they both left and started their own shop.

apparently some bad blood because you know if you're a regular viewer, vinny and rick have done almost all the work building the bikes while jr bigtimes them and rarely shows up much less help out.

vinny made some comments implying he was basically stuck meaning he had nowhere else to go and had to move on.

on last years final show they barely showed 5 mins of vinny leaving with sr saying everyone is replaceable. true but rather callous. jr said very little while mikey was the most complimentary and seemingly upset.

vinny and cody are building custom choppers in NY with their shop called v-force customs. they've already built a couple of bikes with the same theme i saw a couple months back.

been meaning to post this since its once of my favorite shows even though they rarely build bikes anymore and the ones they do are basically all cookie-cutter and look the same.

their new shop is the size of graceland and they make millions off their OCC logo/merchandise sales.

I still like the show for whatever reason.

oh and the entire point of my thread I forgot to add. I read a month or so ago (forgot to post) discovery picked up vin and cody's show. Not sure if they staged all that to show vinny leaving seemingly on bad terms with a show already in the works.

would be good for their ratings, so probably so. Not sure when its going to debut however.

cody was the young punk they paid for his bike school in florida I believe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I liked American Chopper through about their third of 72 shops. I enjoyed the most the building process, which requires some ingenuity as opposed to push button graphics. They deserve what they got but when you started seeing OCC diapers on the shelves it got a little wild to watch.

I like this new shop Vinnie and Cody put together and for the sake of integrity I hope they do not end up in some spin off show. Their bikes look good, like a show bike you can ride -vs- gold flaked sand dollars pimping somebody else’s logo for a split on the cheap advertisement.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Vinnie was so damn nice tho. What's the worst he would say about OCC?

Even when he complained, he was polite about it.

4. tirk

he was the best fabricator/electrician/tool designer in the shop. now they are struggling to find even an adequate replacement. theyre bringing in a woman to the shop. I think they already have but im not caught up (still catching up on last years).

if rick leaves they are pretty much screwed. i dont know how sr opened a shop even though he was a metal worker. dude can barely cut sheet metal.

jr is very creative and would likely be hardest to replace.

i think rick drives 2 hrs or so each way every day. probably why he always looks a little tired. along with the fact, he does his and vinnys as well as jrs work now.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The show lost it's spark long before Vinnie left, it was all Hollywood. I kept expecting Paris Hilton to walk in the door any minute. Vinny and Ric definitely did 90% of the work although Jr is very talented and comes up with some great designs. Vinny and Ric were definitely not appreciated or so it seemed by watching the show I'm surprised they lasted that long and can't for the life of me understand why Ric is still there.

6. tirk

probably the only place he can make serious jack and get the exposure of being on a television hit in the process. well, unless he goes with vinny but that show will likely not make it out of week 1.

lack of controversy while simply building bikes might make for bad ratings.

thats why even if vin thought he was underappreciated, he would not even be known if not for the tuetuls in the first place.

7. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I got really tired of the scripted dialogue really quickly- but I always loved the bikes they came up with. Haven't watched it in probably a year or two, though. Figured at some point Sr.'s being a pric and Paulie being a "touch" lazy would catch up with them eventually.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I thought AC was on the TLC channel now?

And Vinny needed to leave!

9. TwistedTiger

You mean not known by a bunch of suits that the last bike they rode had training wheels and an ice cream man bell strapped to the handle bars? Having a tv show doesn't make you a great bike builder, just look at Sr.

10. TwistedTiger

Last few times I watched the show it was mostly about Mikey who seems to know nothing about choppers or working.