Am I justified?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Mar 25, 2002.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Am I justified for not liking Roy Williams? The Lester Earl thing may create a biased point of view for many of us but there's still something about him I don't like. I picked Kansas to win it all but I can't root for them. Is he really an alright guy and I've just already made up my mind about him? I know that most coaches (including Brady) would've had more postseason success than Roy with the talent that has run through Kansas over the last decade but that's not my point of emphasis here.

He gets credit for not going to UNC but why would he want to? He would've followed a legend and he probably has more power at Kansas than he could ever get anywhere else. I bet the power is what he enjoys most. The fact that he quit the basketball team to focus on "coaching" after his freshman year at UNC makes me think even less of him. Of course it would've been a difficult transition to college but at least give it more than a year.

Can anyone convince me to either realize that he's not a bad guy or give me some reasons to back up my opinions? What do non-LSU fans think of him?

2. CrimsonPirate

CrimsonPirate Founding Member

Yes. You are justified in not liking Roy Williams. Many, if not most, LSU fans dislike Ol' Roy because of the Lester Earl incident. Of course, he is something of a media darling, partly because he's a good coach and partly because he's a Dean Smith disciple. Go ahead and dislike him. I do. :D