Alley Broussard should start. It is obvious!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Oct 18, 2003.

1. max

max Founding Member

Alley Broussard should start. Shyrone Carey is a good back, but none of the other four add the tackle-breaking element that Broussard has. It is obvious, but I don't think that he will get the start. I hope that he is in the two-deep against Auburn at least. If Shy starts, Broussard should by #2 ahead of Vincent who is also real good. Addai might be the fifth best back on this team. No other LSU back brings what Broussard does!

2. Alley did a GREAT job. My favorite is still Shyrone though, nobody else has moves like that.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I think in all honesty that Shyrone should start when he gets back healthy and Ally should be number 2. I'm just not been real impressed with Addai even before his injury.

4. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I love both Broussard and Vincent but if he's healthy I still want Carey starting. Personally I like all of those three more than Addai. Barrington looks good but I'd like to see him more with the first unit line.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I thought all 3 backs were supposed to see a fair amount of PT. I guess its hard to justify sitting Alley with the way he was playing early. Remember, we have Alley, Justin, and Barrington for 3 more years. These guys are gonna be good.

As for next week, if Shy is back, you will likely see a mix of Shy, Justin, and possibly some more of Alley. Joe is solid, but his injury may make him remain a little timid to hit the holes. He was hungry last year, but he hasn't stepped it up just yet. Maybe the play of these FR will make him turn it up a notch.

6. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

play all of them for fresh legs all game long

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Doug Moreau ( or Jordy Hultberg?) pointed out that, unlike Addai and Carey, Broussard breaks through those arm tackles at the LOS and gets it into the secondary. I was very impressed with Alley tonight. Give him the ball.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Broussard is much better than Addai in my opinion

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

He really impressed me too. Saban seemed to indicate that he was awesome, but he really looked solid. He was protecting the ball very well, and showed awesome power. Even late in the game, Barrington showed great ability to get outside and turned it on up the sidelines. Joe is going to really get a push from these guys.

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Nice problem we have! I was impressed with ALL 3 Frosh RBs. I would like to see Barrington Edwards run more with the 1st team with Broussard. IMO, he has too much speed to keep on the bench. Same with Vincent, speed & excellent hands out of the backfield like Josh Reed.