All Clad Cookware

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Pontius Pilate, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate Veteran Member

The absolute worst piece of garbage made. These pans will burn water. That is all

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Really? I've been looking at them and the Viking stuff. I thought All Clad was supposed to be amazing?...it's definitely priced to make you think that way at least.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

from the review on only-cookware.com

I haven't used this cookware, but it sounds like you may be using too high of a temp?

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The best cookware I ever owned (at least the non-cast iron stuff) was the cheap pots and pans bought at Sam's and a restaurant supply place.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Funny because my wife thinks its the best cookware we have ever owned and she is a big time cook. We've been using one set for at least 7 or 8 years and they are basically in brand new condition today. We have almost every size they make including the crawfish pot and basket steamer.

6. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

If you are used to using non-stick, switching to stainless requires some adjustment. The first time I used my All Clad pan, I burned marinated chicken so bad I had to soak the pan for 3 days contantly srubbing it with an SOS pad. After that, its been a snap to clean. Ive heard of cast iron skillets needing to be conditioned and maybe stainless pans need to undergo a similar process.

Buy their old school panani press!

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

All-Clad is a Ferrari.

Clearly some people are not qualified to use either.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm with ya, we got all that stuff for wedding presents when we got married. i hate using them. even when you turn down the temp. it burns and sticks to the pan.

i use the $5 teflon pan from wal marks. works better.

9. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

Actually, high heat for cheap cookware isn't a good idea a lot of times especially for something like a cheap $5 teflon pan from Wal-Mart.

High heat will release fumes from nonstick pans that some people feel are dangerous to our health; these same fumes will off birds.

And, high heat will quickly destroy the lining of non-stick pans where you need to constantly replace them.

The All Clad warning seems to me like a cop out, to void their warranty and responsiblity.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time