Alex Wililams commits to Ole Miss

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by FortWorthTiger, Feb 27, 2006.

1. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

I just heard on another board that Alex committed to Ole Miss, and I checked the rivals list and it has him there. He is the #1 OL prospect in the state for 2007.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

What a waste of talent.:dis:

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

damn! Ole Miss has 12 commitments already for '07?!?! :shock:

Well, if there's ONE thing that blue chip recruits have showed me is that "Early Verbals" don't mean anything most of the time.

A lot can and will change between now and signing day '07.

And remember...Ole Miss snatched a top-notch player from Mississippi from us (Tillman) at the 11th hour this past signing day....How sweet it would be to return the favor and keep our own in-state player in Louisiana???

4. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I would be surprised if this commit holds up, but make no mistake, Orgeron is intense and hard working. This flips the tables on us -- usually LSU is the one getting a commit from a Mississippi kid and Ole Miss has to work hard to get him turned back. We better not take any La. kids for granted because Orgeron is hellbent on getting some of our top recruits, and it will hurt if he keeps this one.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Kinda feel sorry for him. Jumpin' on a poorly maintained bus with a psychotic driver. Sometimes, you can't save folks from themselves.:nope:

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:hihi:
    :thumb:

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Kind of like the fence that Orgeron put up around Memphis, and summarily lost all the recruits from there?

I'm shaking in my purple and gold boots.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Commits like this, when the kid hasnt recieved all of his offers and hasnt taken any visits, hardly ever stand the test of time... wait until he sits in tiger stadium.. for that matter.. wait until he sits in Vaught-Hemingway with half the seats empty...

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Even if this commitment doesn't hold, it's still reason to worry.

Ole Miss is going to make us fight for our recruits. Our own backyard isn't safe, and it's not going to be as easy as it used to be to pick up the recruits out of Mississippi.

Orgeron is a great recruiter - right now, he's selling them on early playing time based on a lack of talent in the program and telling them they can be the ones to rebuild the program.

The question is how good he can make the program, because eventually recruits are going to realize they are effectively ending their careers by going to Ole Miss if he isn't developing the talent & winning games.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Apparently winning is not the most important thing to him. Fine. Then he should be very happy at Ole Miss.