Academic facilities at LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Apr 1, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dexter Pratt spoke so highly of the facilities designed to help atheletes with their studies. He said that was a major factor for committing (besides loving the coaching staff, being offered as a RB and feeling comfortable on campus).

I have heard the same thing from so many other recruits as well.

Can someone maybe give some insight as to the edge LSU holds over most schools in this department?

Thanks in advance.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Well lets just say that its a step above FSU Athletic Academic Department:hihi:

1 person likes this.
  3. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Unless I'm mistaken, Saban made the building and staffing of the facility a prerequisite for his coming to LSU. He realised the importance of such a facility to the players and their PARENTS. Say what you will, he was meticulous in his planning and we've reaped the benefits.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Some years ago LSU converted the old gym armory into the cox communications academic center for athletes. Fairly state of the art nice facility that is also used for other students.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

A bunch of schools have built athletic academic centers in the past few years, however I have no idea if any of them are quite as nice as ours. I loved how Pratt said something like "most schools have a classroom but LSU has a whole building."

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Our athletic facilities are really, really nice. The players have to attend a study hall x hours a week so I would assume it does have some influence on their decision -- and our players get the tutoring help and the studying they need in the Cox building.

The athletic tours for football prospects are very similar at every school, so seeing the Cox building has to be eye opening.

7. Caliendo

Caliendo Founding Member

I know its already been said, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. The Cox building is amazing. You first walk in and on the right is the wall of champions (it has all of our national championships on it). It's also got the student athlete of the month in one of the hallways. Giant Tigers everywhere. The thing is sweet.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Thanks for that Caliendo.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Not only is it nice, it's huge and can accomodate more people than any other school's academic center...