A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Has anybody ever knowingly eaten horse meat? 4 years ago I had some business in West Palm Beach Florida with a Cuban business associate. One night he invited me to eat at his mother's house and when we got their his mother was shredding some meat that looked like pork to me. I asked her if it was pork and she told me it was horse. It turned out to be very good with black beans and rice.

I'm just glad he wasn't Chinese or Korean because I would have drawn the line at eating dog. During the 1988 Seoul Olympics the network showed some scenes showing street vendors with cute little puppy dogs in cages being sold as food. If I had been there I would either still be in prison or be dead because I would have gladly murdered the pagan heathen sellers of live dogs for food.

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

never ate horse or "yellow dog" which is what they eat over in asia (they keep them in cages on the local street markets). i just want to throw those poor guys a ball.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think the French consider horse a delicacy. Then again, this is a nation of people that also considers snails a delicacy, and thinks that Jerry Lewis is
    a comic genius.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Your completely useless factoid of the day:

The cannibal's name for human meat for consumption is "long pig"... :dis:

Bengal B likes this.
  5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Thanks, BAT...if I ever see that one in the Hi Nabor meat section, or at Chris' Specialty Meats I'll know to stay away from it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

rabbits are pretty cute, and i think ducks are too, and i eat those. you are kidding about the dogs right? animals are for eating eh?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not kidding at all. Dogs and cats have transcended the merely animal stage to coexist in a symbiotic relationship with humans as friends and companions and should be immune from the barbaric culinary tastes of the subhuman cultures who would eat them.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I bet you wouldn't say that if you were on Naked and Afraid, day 18, and hadn't had a meal in 18 days when the little puppy came wondering through your campsite!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I this "Dig up old threads week?" I would just ask the producer of the show to get somebody in the tent that caters to the crew to make me a sandwich.

[​IMG]

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah I ain't eating horse or dog on naked and afraid. Maybe starving for real without the option to go home. No chance on a show.