7 passing touchdowns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 30, 2010.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I don't mean this to be a negative post... just an amazed one. I knew it, in the back of my mind, but seeing the number actually stated in an article just made me wonder. Was 7 passing touchdowns, as a team, for the year, the worst in the country?

No. Army had 5. But then again, they are an option team (and they have one game left).

What is amazing is that LSU won 10 games while scoring only 7 passing touchdowns. How good was the rest of this team? Can you imagine if the QBs only doubled that number (which is still pathetic)? And considering how young the team is, one can't help but be optimistic about next year... but there is still the 600 lbs. guerilla in the room... Can these two qbs (or another should Mett come to LSU) in Crowton's offense make any improvements?

1 person likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Wow, I knew it was low but didn't know it was single digits. Considering we lost both games by a combined 15 points, it's not a stretch to say we'd be undefeated if we had just average QB play.

It's also an indication of how good of a coaching job Les Miles did this season. We actually have more wins than TD passes. To accomplish that in the SEC is nothing short than miraculous.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

No it isn't a stretch at all. When you think of how many FG's we settled for because we couldn't punch it in on the ground, which was the main attack we had once inside the 15 yd line. You could add probably 8-10 TD's for the season. If you look at the in the red zone stat our conversion to TD's was less than 50%.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's a testament to the coaching staff and an indictment all at the same time.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

All the more reason we need a QB's coach. I think the teaching got lost.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When you pass only three things can happen and two of them ain't no good...why chance it when you have a dam strong run game! :D

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

8. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

And a striking reason why LSU just couldnt propel past the 2 high octane offensive SEC teams. Like Loco says, if we had doubled that number of pSsing TDs we surely would be unbeaten today.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ridley had 14 TD. Thank god for that guy.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

But we don't and we're not.

How about saying "if not for the great job done by players and coaches we could easily be looking at the Indy Bowl".