545 People Responsible For All Of U.S. Woes

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerBill661, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

The 545 People Responsible For All Of U.S. Woes
    BY Charley Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 235 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all but the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislation's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Read the rest here: The 545 People Responsible For All Of U.S. Woes

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Yep...and when they get finished telling how badly we need their health care reform...and how wonderful it is...and how it will save us trillions...and completely shove it down our throats, they will continue using their own health care.

This is without a doubt the worst Congress in our nation's history. ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT! I don't know if all 545 are to blame but definitely people with the last name of Pelosi, Reid, and Frank are on the list.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe we are to blame for electing them.

4. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Don't look at me. I don't vote in National Elections.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Doesn't matter. Washington corrupts even basically honest politicians. After a while, they want to taste the power. They are too insulated from their constituency. They should all have permanent local offices and email their votes.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

We need/should have term limits but many people have convinced themselves that by continuing to re-elect a candidate that person will build tenure thereby help their state.

How's that plan working with Jefferson or Landrieu? :nope:

7. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

I always assumed the "USM" in your avatar was based on Marine Corps service. I find it very sad anyone, especially a veteran, would choose not to vote for our nation's leaders.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

which do you think is more sad, a person that doesn't vote, or a person that always votes poorly?

i dont understand what is wrong with not voting. if everyone is terrible, and you dont want to vote for them, so be it. another strategy would be to vote for the least terrible candidate. both strategies seem reasonable to me. the truly terrible strategy is to vote for the worse candidate.

given an absense of good people to vote for, there are not many options. and if you are lazy and simply cant get excited about voting for folks that suck, i can certainly understand that.

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Why would I cheapen my right to a vote by giving it to someone I find despicable? I'm not passing my consent to someone who I think is only going to harm our country. I'm not a R or D, so I'm already marginialized, since access to high office is controlled by the two major parties.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

what a crock. this sounds like poor people that blame others for thier situation.

they only suck as much as the american people allow them to suck.

and they are not even close to responsible for all the US woes.

1 person likes this.