2007 New york Metropolitans thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by martin, May 6, 2007.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

here are some reasons why the mets will win the world series:

1. jose reyes is the best player in baseball not named alex or albert.

2. thomas glavine is rock solid, no suprises, just solid starts. 300 wins in a couple months. first ballot hall of fame lock. pitchers dont really win 300 anymore.

3. bill wagner is a top tier closer

4. as of now, john maine is the best pitcher in the national league. of course he cant keep this up, but still.

5. wild oliver perez is regaining his old form. NYM pitching coach rick peterson is a genius.

6. one of the top 5 pitchers who ever lived, pedro martinez, will return for the stretch and be fresh as a daisy for october.

7. beltran is outstanding in every phase of the game. he added a gold glove to his trophy case last season. he didnt deserve it, but still, he is good. plus 40 HR.

8. moises alou and shawn green are rejuvenated because thats what happens when you play on the big stage. of course alou will get hurt, but endy chavez has his back. have you ever seen a catch better than endy's in game 7 last year? you havent.

after all that, the contributions of all-stars david wright and carlos delgado are lagniappe.

plus, the mets are loaded with cash and outfield prospects, (they didnt waste cash on zito) so they can fill any holes in july if needed.

braves fans should enjoy being in contention now, because they will be slipping away and be playing for the wild card by all-star break.

since there are no mlb teams in LA, the closest thing you have is in metairie. and you may not have noticed, but the zephyrs are now a met triple a team. so you can go see future stars like carlos gomez and former rice pitcher philip humber. you might even catch a pedro rehab start down there. so if you live in LA, you can go ahead and forget about the lastros and braves, the zephyrs and mets are your teams.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

What a beautiful thread!

Oh yeah, you forgot the ageless wonder, Mr. Franco.:thumb:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

martin can dream, can't he?

what .200 hitting catcher will ruin their run this season?

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have been watching the mets brewers series, and it it looks like the brew crew is easily the second best team in the national league. man, what an army of young talent they have. i fully expect them to be playing the mets for the pennant in october.

national league championsip series: brewers vs mets

AL: boston vs cleveland

WS: 1986 rematch, boston vs NYM

5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I thought this was going to be a thread about New York the city and I got excited!!! I will be in NY in 3 weeks. I am a little nervous because I will be alone and it is my first time! But I still can't wait!!!

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Maybe one day the Mets can be the best in their division. Then we will worry about the NLCS. :)

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

you mean the reigning division champions?

dont be nervous, NY is as safe as any big city in america. you will like it.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

yeah, but those wins last year wont help them too much during 2007. but they look cute in history books.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, you might consider that the mets currently have the lowest era in the division, and the most runs scored, so they are the best team in the division. and they are effectively tied for first place, because they are a half game back, but the braves have played one more game.

when you have the lowest era and the most runs scored, that means you are dominant.