2007/2008 New Orleans Hornets

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by macatak911, Oct 27, 2007.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Season starts Wednesday..so some of you should go out there and support them..:thumb: .anyone else gonna follow them? After my newfound love for the NBA last year I decided to get some season tickets this year. Here's the view from my seat at the preseason game last week:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Pretty good seats. We make it to a game now and then, and we usually have a good time. I'd love to see what the Hornets can do if they actually make it through a season without 4 starters missing 30 games apiece.

1 person likes this.
  3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I wish I were still in Baton Rouge so I could go to the games. I think they will be fun to watch this year and they are pretty athletic. I doubt they make the playoffs being in the West but they have some highlight making players and people need to go support them.

4. macatak911

Exactly, they had so many injuries last year and ALMOST made the playoffs....Hopefully Peja can go back to his SAC days.

Here's a link to a weekend ticket deal I saw:
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/tickets/0708_Family_Friends.html

5. macatak911

3....hours....

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

If I lived closer to New Orleans I'd get one of the ticket packages. However, arriving at work for 6:30, going to class in the middle of the day, and (on most days) staying to 5 pm makes it hard to make a trip to New Orleans during the week. Sucks, too.

macatack, were there a lot of people there last night? When Chris Paul was giving his "It's great to be back in New Orleans" speech, it didn't seem as if there were that many people in the crowd. Just curious.

Also, what's the deal with everyone saying that it was such a tremendous win for the Hornets last night? I only passingly follow the NBA, so I have no idea if Sacramento is supposed to be a good team this year or not.

7. macatak911

Yea come to some weekend games! They're playing a good amount of premiere teams on the weekends.

They were about 2,000 short of a sellout, which was weird because they announced they had 1,500 tickets left yesterday. My guess is it's the weekday thing plus Haloween. Hornets never really have drawn well on weekdays and when you add the trick-or-treat factor into it your gonna take a hit. We'll see what it looks like this Friday. If they can sell out next Friday against the Spurs the Hornets shoud do just fine here.

Sactown was missing Bibby and Artest so a win was expected. The tremendous part was probably just starting off the season with a win and seeing how well this team can play when fully healthy. They played scary good last night. (With the exception of second team garbage time.) I was pissed Julian Wright didn't see the floor.

8. macatak911

3-0 baby!

9. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I heard they gave a way a lot of free tickets and still can't fill the seats.

10. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

It must be true b/c that photo shows tons of empty seats.